Bika LIMS 2.2 Major Update Released
Downloaded An Astonishing 6300 Times To Date - Bika Releases New LIMS Update !
Cape Town – SA - 14/12/2009
An exciting new update to the highly successful Bika Inkosi LIMS 2 has been released and its on-line demo installation upgraded.
Bika LIMS is the flagship Open Source Laboratory Information Management System developed and maintained by Bika Lab Systems.
Featuring full Plone Content Management System integration, Bika LIMS is a world leader in the industry and offers a full scale web-based application capable of catering to your laboratory's every requirement both now and in the future.
Drawing on extensive feedback from the Bika community and thanks to client sponsorships by Benchmark Laboratories and Quantum Analytical Services the upgraded Inkosi LIMS 2.2 system now features:
- File attachments for results. e.g. microscope images or raw data, allowing analysts and clients to view results source information in real-time
- Bulk Analysis Request imports per Analysis profile. This is especially useful for labs who offer many analyses and need to have them grouped in Profiles. Users have the option of using either format. A progress bar tool has been added to track both these and other long running processes
- Multiple analysis setup has been made easier by utilizing simpler and more intuitive copy / edit functionality
- Keyword import. Both Profiles and Individual analyses are now exportable to facilitate full client side integration
- Softline Pastel 7 Invoice export functionality has been added
- Worksheets have been refined and can now be listed by status
- Query results, email headings and data formatting now use client and lab information and logos to render standardized reporting across the board. More query parameters have also been included
- Long or Short labels from the Analysis Requests screens. Labels are also available for reference samples and stocks
- Disposal dates for samples are now automatically set by the new configurable 'default retention period per sample type' function
- Methods: Analysis Services can now have more than one Method linked and documents can be uploaded for methods. A log of changes is kept which is visible on the front page to anonymous LIMS portal visitors.
- Lists of Standard Samples and Stocks can be printed and emailed. More parameters have been added
Deployed at ISO 17025 accredited laboratories, Inkosi Bika LIMS 2.2 presents a further step as best of breed laboratory solution, brought about through the professional open source community Bika Lab Systems embraces.
Inkosi LIMS 2.2 is available for download on the General Public Service (GPL). Bika Lab Systems and partners provide on-site implementation projects professionally, inclusive of requirement analysis and tailored design and customizations. Standard Inkosi LIMS is also available as a SaaS solution for labs of all sizes, hosted on servers in Germany and South Africa
The Bika team
Bika Lab Systems (Pty) Ltd: http://www.bikalabs.com
Benchmark Laboratories: http://benchmark.bikalabs.com/
Quantum Analytical Services: http://www.quantumlab.co.za/
Bika LIMS 2.2 Release Details: http://www.bikalabs.com/softwarecenter/bika/releases/2.2
Demo Request Email: email@example.com
Demo Website: http://demo.bikalabs.com